Trick or Treat?
So, Halloween is approaching and that means CANDY! If you’re like me you don’t need the extra calories hanging around. Tempting. Tantalizing. Fortunately, there is a way to get rid of the leftovers.
Send Treats to the Troops
As per Operation Gratitude’s website here are some important “Do’s and Don’ts”!
- DO ship your candy NO LATER THAN November 15 to:
17330 Victory Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91406-5438
ATTN: Halloween Candy/Angel Cuevas
- DO separate chocolate and non-chocolate candy.
- DO include donations of individually-packaged toothbrushes, dental floss and toothpaste — we need to keep smiles on the troops’ faces all shiny, bright and healthy!
- DO fill out the Donation Form and include the number of pounds of candy, number of toothbrushes, etc., you are shipping.
- DON’T ship the candy to any other Operation Gratitude address than the Victory Boulevard address.
- DON’T buy candy at the 1/2-off sales the day after Halloween — please consider making a financial donation instead.
- DON’T use boxes any larger than 24″x 24″x 20,” please.
- DON’T send Pixy Stix – unfortunately, they make a mess for the troops.
Please ship or deliver your donations by NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15. Oh, and consider asking your dentist if he participates in the Halloween Candy Buy Back.
Check out the Operation Gratitude blog for specifics.
Connect with Operation Gratitude: